All applications must include the following 3 items in a single pdf file (3 pages total):
Page 1. The undergraduate must complete the Application Form contained in 1 page, with one-inch margins and single-spaced text in fonts no smaller than Arial 11.
Page 2. The undergraduate’s 1 page CV, to include list of any relevant past coursework and research experience (e.g., lab and/or field experiences, presentations).
Page 3. A signed statement of support from GCC faculty mentor(s) on letterhead, not to exceed 1 page. This letter must include a) an endorsement of the student’s ability to excel in a research environment, b) a statement describing the mentorship plan for the student, and c) information describing how the research experience will advance the development of the student and the mission of the GCC.
The single pdf file (which includes the support letter) should be submitted by the faculty mentor by e-mail to Jessica Zielske (email@example.com). Label files as STUDENT LAST NAME_GCC-URG2020
Review Criteria for Proposals
Funding decisions will be based on the above criteria as well as:
- Likelihood that the research experience will advance the student’s development
- Strength of faculty endorsement
- Pertinence of basic or applied research topic to the GCC
- Benefit of the activity to facilitating collaboration among multiple GCC labgroups or other aspects of the GCC’s mission
- Positive track record of engagement by the faculty mentor in IGC/GCC activities