Register to Attend the 9th Hellbender Symposium
Registration has closed. All sales are final and non-refundable.
- 2 days of presentations and updates from peers and colleagues contributing to hellbender conservation and biology
- 2 exhibitions:
- Hellbender nest box construction and implementation
- Outreach and education materials
- Social and dinner each evening of the program and live music
- Keynote presentation by guest speaker, Dr. Thomas Pauley of Marshall University, followed by a social and dinner reception at Virginia Tech’s Holtzman Alumni Center. Featuring live music by New Standard Bluegrass.
- Poster session, social and casual fare at Virginia Tech’s Lane Stadium South End Zone Club Room
- Social and dinner at local farm and brewery, Rising Silo Brewery. Featuring live music by the Laura Beth & the Clover Hollow Band.
- Free drink ticket at Monday and Wednesday’s socials, and drinks included for Tuesday night’s social
- Commemorative event t-shirt:
T-shirts are Bella + Canvas Jersey, 100% pre-shrunk combed ringspun cotton jersey, which runs small for sizing.
T-shirt design will feature the Hellbender Symposium art created by Mark Mandica, founder and director of The Amphibian Foundation in Atlanta, GA:
Not included in Registration Fee:
- Hotel room (breakfast is included in your lodging rate) – Lodging and meeting venue at the Hyatt Place Blacksburg. Reservations should be made under the Hellbender Symposium group (rate code VTHS), available online or by calling1-540-552-7500.
- Lunch each day – more than a dozen dining options within walking distance from the meeting venue!