- freshwater systems where nutrient fluxes influence water quality;
- island environments where full cooperation of landowners is needed to eradicate invasive species;
- landscapes where land management decisions facilitate landscape conversion and degradation in rangelands;
- agricultural operations where increased pollinator services may also be associated with cultural ecosystem services; and
- rural America where endangered, threatened, and imperiled species rely on private lands for critical habitat.
Dr. Sorice is an Associate Professor in the Department of Forest Resources & Environmental Conservation. He currently teaches a graduate course entitled Social Ecological Systems.
Lewis, A. L., T. D. Baird, M. G. Sorice. 2016. Mobile phone use and human-wildlife conflict in northern Tanzania. Environmental Management 58(1): 117-129.
Ramsdell, P. R., M. G. Sorice, A. Dwyer. 2016. Using financial incentives to motivate conservation of an at-risk species on private lands. Environmental Conservation 43: 34-44.
Sorice, M. G. and C. J. Donlan. 2015. A human-centered framework for innovation in conservation incentive programs. Ambio 44: 788-792.
Santo, A., M.G. Sorice, C.J. Donlan, C.T. Franck, C.A. Anderson. 2015. A human-centered approach to designing invasive species eradication programs on human- inhabited islands. Global Environmental Change 35: 289-298.
Berg, M., B. Wilcox, M.G. Sorice, J. Angerer, W.E. Fox III and E. Rhodes. 2015. Demographic Changes Drive Woody Plant Cover Trends—An Example from the Great Plains. Rangeland Ecology & Management 68(4): 315-321.
Toledo, D., U. P. Kreuter, M. G. Sorice, and C. A. Taylor Jr. 2014. The role of prescribed burn associations in the application of prescribed ﬁres in rangeland ecosystems. Journal of Environmental Management 132: 323-328.
Sorice, M. G., C. Oh, T. M. Gartner, M. Snieckus, R. Johnson, and C. J. Donlan. 2013. Increasing participation in incentive programs for biodiversity conservation. Ecological Applications. 23(5):1146-1155.
Toledo, D., M. G. Sorice, U. P. Kreuter. 2013. Social and ecological factors influencing attitudes towards the application of high intensity prescribed burns to restore fire adapted grassland ecosystems. Ecology & Society. 18(4):9, doi: 10.5751/ES-05820-180409.
Sorice, M. G., W. Haider, J. R. Conner, and R. B. Ditton. 2011. Incentive structure and private landowner participation in an endangered species conservation program. Conservation Biology 25: 587-596.