BENEFITS AND EXPECTATIONS
Benefits to Faculty (Why should one become a GCC faculty?)
- Be part of an interactive community of faculty and students from 6 colleges on campus that share common interests in global change issues
- Form new innovative collaborations with faculty from across campus
- Have access to unique interdisciplinary training opportunities for your undergraduate and graduate students
- Have access to training opportunities that improve your own communication and technical skills, particularly at the science-society and science-policy interfaces.
- Gain access to internal funding opportunities for research and training
- Have a voice in future faculty hiring recommendations that influence our campus strengths in global change research and education
- Participate in unique workshops, seminars, reading groups, and other interdisciplinary activities.
Expectations of Faculty (What do we expect of those involved?)
- Willingness to develop new research projects and/or expand existing research projects involving new interdisciplinary collaborations with other faculty
- Evidence of efforts to recruit new graduate students to the IGC IGEP, and/or to provide courses relevant to the IGC IGEP curriculum
- Service on committees (advisory committee, admissions committee, etc.)
- Participation in the global change seminar course (e.g., attend once per year) and/or participation in the GRAD 5134 course (offered every 2-3 years)
- Timely annual reporting in required formats
- Attendance of special seminars and social events